Currently Team Tube is seeking a Warehouse Supervisor for the Calgary, AB location.
Job Description and Productivity Requirements:
This is a working Supervisor position. Duties will include working on the floor, using the overhead crane and 3 bandsaws. Helping out with all warehouse tasks. Loading trucks, packaging orders, housekeeping etc.
The duties and responsibilities itemized in this document should be seen as indicative. Additional duties and responsibilities, and changes to same may occur at the BM’s discretion.
The WS is responsible for the overall running of the warehouse, including staffing, training, and policy development and enforcement.
The WS is responsible to ensure that all Health and Safety Policies and Procedures are being followed by employees and visitors at all times.
The WS is required to direct work load, supervise employees, and oversees the Maintenance Department.
The WS may also analyze and review production rates, maintenance logs, and operational reports to improve warehouse efficiency.
The WS is required to ensure that the Quality Policy is trained and followed by all employees, and to determine causes of non-conformity with product specifications and make corrective actions.
The WS is required to ensure orders are filled and shipped by correct date as indicated on customer invoice.
Essential Job Duties
- The WS is responsible for the proper running of warehouse including supervision, delegation of responsibility, and to providing direction and training to employees. (see additional job duties 1, 4 &5)
- The WS is responsible for site safety inspections and meetings, accident/incident investigations, corrective actions, establishing safe work practices, and to provide safety training to employees. (see additional job duties 2 & 3)
- The WS is required to check production schedules and establish production priorities.
- The WS is responsible for inventory management at the branch and will ensure accuracy of available stock in quantity, grade, and heat.
- The WS monitors the Maintenance Department to ensure the department is updated on preventive maintenance program.
- The WS is required to investigate concerns for sales people such as checking material specifications, quantities, order filling accuracy, and to implement corrective actions where needed, in support of the Quality Program.
- The WS is responsible for hiring and terminating of warehouse employees in conjunction with the BM
Additional Job Duties
- The WS may be required to monitor employees to ensure job duties are being completed.
- The WS may be required to check if employees are wearing safety equipment.
- The WS may be required to make sure tractor trailers are loaded safely.
- The WS may be required to complete the schedule of trucks on the dock.